Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Mondrian

What I'm working on...





DD loves La Roux's style so she asked me if I could make her the Mondrian inspired jacket she wears in the music video "Bulletproof". She wants to wear it for Halloween so I could easily have made a simple version but I really like the jacket and Mondrian, the artist, so I'm making a fitted version she can enjoy past the one day holiday :-)
I'm using BurdaStyle 11-2009-119, and it's been pretty painless so far. Roberta Carr has excellent instructions on binding and I'll post on that later. It's all cotton except for the yellow pocket, which is a stretch vinyl.

8 comments:

  1. I feel old, I had to go and google this to have any idea what you were talking about! That aside, the jacket is looking good, I really like the style too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project! I had not seen the video, so I just watched it. Good idea to make it something that is wearable beyond Haloween.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with AllisonC - didn't have a clue about this band until I searched the web. Jacket looks outstanding, which is normal for your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG - I love this look - it's just so creative and so well done...did you ever take any classes from Roberta?...I heard she smoked like a chimney.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I'm a big fan of Roberta too. She is missed.

    This is certainly not costume-y. I think it will make a great jacket. Love the collar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! This jacket looks like style "Mondrian". Saint Laurent created this style in 1965. Is this the same?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your jacket is looking so retrofabulous! I love it.

    ReplyDelete